Wednesday, November 22, 2006





As you're working through this tutorial, please feel free to email me with questions. I can't guarantee I'll be able to get to them while you're making your cake, but it will give me an idea of what information I might need to add to make this tutorial more complete. 

3. So, here we are with our gray fondant... you'll see that I dust my counter space with a little powdered sugar (can also use corn starch). This keeps my fondant from sticking to the counter. This is important! When you flatten out Thomas face and begin to sculpt and mold it into shape, you don't want to have your masterpiece stick to your counterspace. You could very easily destroy your work trying to release it. Some decorators use mats, some use wax paper or parchment, I just clean my counter tops and dust away!

No comments: